FreedomFilmFest 2019






Great to meet people from around the world!
Thank you to the FreedomFilmFest’s organizing committee for inviting me and my other rohingya friends to watch documentaries at FreedomFilmFest 2019!

It's amazing to meet all of you and wonderful time with great people. I really appreciate being part of this network. A place where it’s protected. Honestly, I got many inspiration from many people and from the documentary this year!

I couldn’t make it to watch the documentary of “AMAE, THAMEE, AMA” (Mother, Daughter, Sister) which gives voice to Kachin and Rohingya women calling for an end to sexual violence in the conflict.

I got a chance to watch Zero Impunity. I felt a bit depressed after seeing this film. It showed a very disturbing film implicating people in powerful positions with sexual violence.

I wonder if this is how USA is behaving for human rights for decades, then what will others do?
Then what is UN for I wonder?...The UN does not also take serious action towards their own staff who are guilty of sexual misconduct and corruption. Its often covered up...

What then is the point of the UN if their own staff perpetrates sexual crimes?
Personally, it's a humbling experience for me to be more aware of the International Community, UN, the US administration system and more!

Making documentaries is a great way to showcase refugees plights. It's however not enough to end the refugee crisis. If everyone were to work together to unite regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, gender or age, there will be world peace. It will be a world without the need to become a refugee. It's not something impossible to achieve.

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude – and advice – to Malaysia from a Rohingya refugee

My interview with Spanish brother Jose Ernesto, the blog The Compass of the Birds!

“Survivor: My life as a Rohingya refugee”