“Survivor: My life as a Rohingya refugee”


“Survivor: My life as a Rohingya refugee”

Thanks to Allah, The Almighty who enabled me to publish my journey!
Having to go through everything in refugee life without family and friend's support is very tough indeed. I was really lucky to have everyone in my life. Thank you so much to everyone for the thoughts, support and prayers even up until now. I truly appreciate everything!.
I would like to thank Julia Sveshnikova, for spending a considerable amount of time correcting and editing my book.
​A special thanks from the bottom of my heart to Puan Sri Norma Hashim for sponsoring my book and for helping me in my vulnerable time. My book wouldn’t have been published without your support. It was possible only because you’ve helped me throughout the journey.
Also, a special thank goes to Liza Nordeen of the Al Ikhlas Hope Society for your support, and Soewyba Flowers for sponsoring 100 copies and everyone else who helped with the publication of this book, giving a space for refugee voices to be heard around the world.
​I am deeply indebted to HU Kyaw Win (Habib sir) from Bangladesh and brother Saifullah Muhammad from Canada who has always encouraged and provided useful guidance at all times in my journey. There are no words that can thank you enough! Mr Habib is a teacher who helped make me man today and Saifullah provided me with the necessary information and knowledge sharing in Malaysia.
​I am so grateful to Shafiur Rahman and brother Ro Nay San Lwin for helping me to reach Yanghee Lee for foreword, a great pride and honour.
​Special thanks to Matthew Smith from Fortify Rights for his support for my book and for standing with Rohingyas for justice and rights. I am amazed by your solidarity and encouragement to continue my activism the best way.
Heartfelt thanks goes to Dr. Maung Zarni and Nat Brinham, who always stood with the Rohingya and truth for decades. I really appreciate your great contribution to the Rohingya.
​I would also like to express my gratitude to Saya Aman Ullah for helping the history of us, the Rohingyas, and for reviewing my early draft. Your comments were very helpful.
A special thanks also to brother Zan Azlee for helping me to reach Gerakbudya. I’m also grateful to Charles Brophy who did a great job editing the book.
A big thanks to the Gerakbudaya team for their work on editing and for publishing my book and giving opportunity to refugees.
Many thanks to all my book viewers for incredible blurbs. This is also the story of more than two million Rohingyas across the world, and of a massacre that began in the 1960’s and has continued with unabated violence ever since. We, Rohingyas, deserve to be heard.
​I am also grateful to all of you, who are committed to expose the reality of the Rohingya’s living conditions in Arakan and elsewhere. Thank you to all the humanitarian workers, Journalists and Photographers for your contribution in the field of Rohingya historical research which is precious and remarkable!
​I also wish to thank the people who have supported me in my private life and who worked relentlessly for the cause of my community and other marginalized groups around the world.
I would like to thank the activists for refugee rights who supported my prolonged detention in Thailand: Oi Chutima Sidasathian and Alan Morison who supported me and my community in Thailand for a long time. Your support helped my community a lot in Thailand. Thanks to your help, some of my Rohingya brothers and sisters have reached the USA and other countries around the world. We will never forget it.
Finally, my sincere gratitude goes to the Local Community (Malay), human rights activists, lawyers, Mahi Ramakrishnan, Lilianne Fan and Nine who are defending and supporting refugees and migrants in different situations in Malaysia. We can never thank you enough.
Aside from that, I really admire the Rohingya Activists and Community Leaders across the world who are working on behalf of the Rohingya Community. I hope you will not be offended if I do not name you all here. My book is dedicated to my community and refugees around the world. Hope all the money will be spent for the refugee cause in Malaysia, Myanmar and Bangladesh as well.
My book world never would have been completed without all this contribution and others individuals.
I am grateful for meeting many people in person doing their best to assist Rohingya refugees around the world.
I really hope my book will increase empathy and understanding of Rohingya refugees around the world!

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude – and advice – to Malaysia from a Rohingya refugee

My interview with Spanish brother Jose Ernesto, the blog The Compass of the Birds!