Born in Malaysia


Born in Malaysia, I am truly honoured to be in this book together with awesome Malaysians, Refugees and migrants. The book has wonderful words and photographs!

I remember back in 2016 when Kenny Loh meet with me. He was friendly and warm enough to talk me through and taking photos of my life. My tears ran down while I was explaining my situation to him where I lived, a tiny room at the back of a building. It housed more than 20 people and there was only one bathroom to serve our needs. It was stifling hot under the zinc roof, but I was grateful for the roof over my head. In my room, there were a few mementos to remind him of home.
I hope that people will read and share my story. I want others to acknowledge the right of my people to exist in a country that we call home. Finally, the story is to reach a global stage.
My photos are being exhibited at Ruang Think City. Now the compilation is finally released and after launch of the born in Malaysia book, I managed to spend half an hour or so attending the launch of this book - Born in Malaysia. It was held at the MPH Store at NU Sentral. This is a book to treasure!
I am incredibly grateful to Kenny Loh for writing my story two years ago!

#iwastrafficked7times #BornInMalaysia #ThinkCityRUANG #rohingyarefugee #myanmar

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude – and advice – to Malaysia from a Rohingya refugee

My interview with Spanish brother Jose Ernesto, the blog The Compass of the Birds!

“Survivor: My life as a Rohingya refugee”