I Am A Refugee



I Am A Refugee

By Ziaur Rahman


I am a refugee who escaped from genocide,
Now I look for a safe place to survive 
To save my life and dignity 
I am a survivor. 
I am a refugee.

I have lost my entire life with no name,
The suffering continues;
I scream with my testimony to repeat it
Because I come with too many invisible treasures,
I am a refugee.

The future found nowhere in peace,
I thought I could have this world to stay with home like you;
I am a refugee of humanity’s lowest moments,
My issues are made messed and sensitive 
But still like time, I struggle and I move,
I am a refugee.

Every year I dream to find a new life.
Sometimes I feel the world is coming to the end;
No one can narrate, the suffering of the refugee
The suffering of Rohingya,
Now I belong nowhere till 26 years in refugee life;
It is lifeless and stressful. 
Being a Rohingya refugee

I pretend to be happy but my heart is in pain.
Everyone knows I am in pain,
But nobody wants to talk about it again;
You treat me differently,
Because I am a refugee. 
I am still a victim.

Please don't make more story on us 
All I ask is for change, new change 
Just do solve refugee crisis 
I am a refugee, 
Just like you, a Human Being!

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude – and advice – to Malaysia from a Rohingya refugee

My interview with Spanish brother Jose Ernesto, the blog The Compass of the Birds!

“Survivor: My life as a Rohingya refugee”